FAQ - Help Centre
- How can I reset my password?
- Not receiving emails?
- How to clear your cache
- Why is my comment not appearing?
- Question about home delivery newspapers
- I’m looking for a story you ran a while ago, where can I find it?
How to navigate our website and take full advantage of your news subscription
How can I reset my password?
If you have lost or forgotten your password, you can reset your password using the Reset Password feature. To do this, please follow the steps below:
- On the Reset Password page, enter your username or email address
- Once the system has located your account, you will be sent a reset password email.
- From the email, copy the reset password URL provided in your email.
- Paste this URL in the addresses bar in your browser and hit enter
- You will be prompted to enter a new password.
Facebook registered users
If you have joined Gympie Times using Facebook, you will be unable to reset your password via our website. You will need to reset your password by logging into Facebook. You can login with your Facebook account from our login page.
Not receiving emails
There could be a number of reasons why you are not receiving emails.
Spam/Trash/Junk - Your emails are hitting your trash, spam or junk mail boxes.
- To fix this, ensure that you set our email address on your allowed list.
- Emails from Gympie Times are sent from email@example.com (note this is a no reply email address and is not monitored)
Redirection or email forwarding - Your are forwarding emails from one account to another account.
- Check to make sure that you have your forwarding rules setup correct.
- The email might not be getting forwarded correctly from one email provider to another.
- You will need to contact their customer server.
Reached email quote - Your email inbox is full and not accepting any new emails
- You need to clean up your mailbox
Mail User Agent misconfiguration - You have not sent your email correctly.
- You will need to contact your email provider to check your email settings.
How to clear your cache
- Open your Firefox Browser
- Click on Tools
- Click on Clear Recent History
- Ensure that you have both Cookies and Cache ticked
- Press Clear Now
Once you have done this, you should restart your browser.
Safari 4.0 & Up
- Open Opera
- Click Tools and select Delete Private Data.
Expand Delete Options and choose what history elements to clear.
- e.g. Delete temporary cookies, Delete all cookies, Delete entire cache.
- Click the Clear Now (Opera 9) or Delete (Opera 10) button.
- Close window.
- Exit and re-launch the browser.
Use the following steps
- Control Panel
- Internet Options
- Delete your cache, cookies, temporary internet files, etc...
The screen will look different based on what version of IE and Windows you are running.
If your screen looks like this, delete both cookies and files.
Why is my comment not appearing?
All comments placed on our stories are placed in a moderation queue to be processed by our editorial staff.
Comments are enabled on stories to encourage fair and frank discussion of issues. Below are guidelines that seek to ensure that together we foster a friendly and constructive forum.
- Comments should be relevant to the issues.
- No offensive, defamatory, obscene, misleading or threatening language will be tolerated.
- Comments containing swear words, abbreviated swear words or implied swear words will either be edited or removed.
- Comments should not be used for self promotion or spamming purposes.
- Users should refrain from personal criticism of others. Please be mindful of the right of other people to voice opinions different to your own. If you find that you disagree with someone, engage them in a constructive debate, not an aggressive argument.
- The editors retain the right to edit, remove or freeze comments at their own discretion. These decisions do not hide an agenda and are made sparingly.
Question about home delivery newspapers
If you have any questions about newspaper deliveries, please contact our office directly. Details can be found on our contact page.
I’m looking for a story you ran a while ago, where can I find it?
In the top right corner of our website there is a search box that you can use to find articles about a specific person, event, or topic.
If you are experiencing issues with our competitions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your username and the competitions that you are trying to enter.
The Gympie Times has been serving Gympie and the Cooloola region for 140 years but we cannot operate without you.
Whether it is by phoning to place an advertisement, calling with a news tip or ringing to order a subscription, we welcome your call.
We are situated at 44 Nash Street, and our friendly staff aim to bring you the best of local news and human interest stories, as well as the best deals, ensuring that the newspaper is important to the people who live in the Gympie region.
To make it easier for you to find the right point of contact we have listed the contact details for each of our services below.
Editor: Shelley Strachan
Phone: 5480 4233
If you have a news tip or photos and videos, we'd love to hear from you.
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters to the editor:
mail: Submit your letter
For subscriptions support
Phone 1300 361 604
For digital advertising
Phone 1300 853 769
Buy Search Sell
Phone: 13 11 13
Phone: 13 11 35