Twist on classic salmon sure to please at Christmas lunch
Barbecued Salmon with Mint and Macadamia Pesto
A modern twist on classic steamed salmon teamed with a zesty and fresh pesto made from mint and macadamias.
- 1kg salmon fillet, deboned
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/2 cup broadleaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 30g macadamia nuts
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 whole lemon
1. Make the pesto by combining mint leaves, parsley, garlic, macadamia nuts and lemon juice with three tablespoons of olive oil in a food processor and blend until a thick paste forms.
2. Preheat the barbecue hotplate or chargrill plate to medium.
3. Spray some cooking oil on a sheet of baking paper slightly larger than your salmon fillet and place fish on it, skin side down.
4. Slice the lemon into rounds and place on top of the fish and drizzle with olive oil and season to taste.
5. Wrap the paper and fillet loosely in foil, tightly sealing the edges.
6. Put the parcel on the hotplate and cook for 12 minutes.
7. Set aside, still wrapped, for five minutes to allow the fish to continue to cook through.
8. Unwrap the parcel, transfer to a serving dish and serve with the mint and macadamia pesto on the side.
9. Serve with a fresh garden salad.