Baby girl burned by falling candles at Buddist prayer centre
A BABY has suffered burns to her face, arms and legs after a tray of candles fell on her at a Buddhist prayer centre in Sydney's southwest.
The 11-month old girl was being held by her mother at the Bangladesh Australia Buddhist Society temple on Haultain Street, Minto, when the tray tipped towards her, igniting and covering her in melting wax.
Her mother, 28, also sustained burns to face and minor burns to hands and feet. Her father, aged 35, sustained minor burns to his hands and feet.
Police treated the three until the arrival of Paramedics who took the girl to The Childrenâ€™s Hospital Westmead, and her parents to Westmead Hospital.
They are reported to be stable. Inquiries are continuing.