Coconut Cherry Biscuits
125g softened butter
½ cup raw sugar
1e, lightly beaten
1 cup wholemeal S.R. Flour (We used Gluten Free S.R. Flour)
1 tsp grated Lemon Rind
½ cup wheatgerm (We used Quinoa Flakes)
¾ cup Coconut
12 Glace Cherries
Preheat oven to 160c (fan forced)
1. Beat butter and sugar - add egg - mix well and then sift in flour.
2. Add lemon rind, wheatgerm (quinoa flakes) and coconut and mix well.
3. Roll teaspoons of mixture into balls and place on greased trays and flatten slightly with a fork.
4. Place half a cherry on each biscuit and bake in moderate oven for 15 minutes.
8. Allow to cool on wire rack.
Makes approx. 24