Fire breaks out at Sunshine Coast CBD business
BREAKING: A building has been damaged in a Sunshine Coast CBD after an electrical fire broke out in the early hours of this morning.
Multiple crews were called to the Reject Shop in Caloundra at 3.45am after reports that part of the building had gone up in flames.
Crews arrived to discover an external fire at the back of the shop.
It took fire crews 35 minutes to get what the fire under control.
One under control, fire crews busted into the store to ensure the interior of the building was at no risk of catching fire, and to check no persons were trapped inside.
After working for two hours to make the scene of the blaze safe, fire crews left the scene in the hands of Energex.
It is believed to be an electrical fire, but fire investigators have been informed of the early morning blaze.