Queensland Ambulance Service Paramedics on the way to the scene of a battery explosion.
Queensland Ambulance Service Paramedics on the way to the scene of a battery explosion. David Nielsen

Teen suffers severe burns in battery explosion

A 17-year-old man has reportedly been injured after a battery in a remote control exploded.

Paramedics are on the way to the incident at Evan St, Mackay.

According to a Queensland Ambulance Service spokesman, it was reported that it was a battery in a remote control for a model car.

The call was received at 10.55am.

The man is believed to have suffered burns in the explosion.