Mini Me ready for Supanova expo on the Gold Coast
VERNE Troyer has played all sorts of characters in his long film and television career, from panda bears to baby stunt doubles.
His role as Mini Me in the series of Austin Powers films alongside Mike Meyers catapulted him to pop culture and mainstream stardom.
Verne will be one of the stars at this year's Supanova on the Gold Coast.
"I wouldn't say I was always a pop culture fan until I played Mini Me, which really got me a lot of pop culture fans," Mr Troyer said.
Mr Troyer is a huge video game fan and loves World of Warcraft and even starred in a commercial for the company.
"I am a Mage, a master of the arcane."
A Mage is a skilled magic user who, unlike wizards and sorcerers, needs no staff as an outlet for magic, but instead uses his hands.
"There are nine million people in the World of Warcraft, it's huge, like my Mage," Mr Troyer says during the commercial.
After enjoying Supanova in 2013, he will be returning for the Gold Coast leg of the tour and is excited about checking the glitter strip out.
"I've never been to the Gold Coast so I am excited to visit and meet all my fans, which I love.
"Last year in Melbourne and Perth I had a great time doing signings and meeting fans so I am looking forward to it again."
Growing up in Michigan, USA, he watched all the usual sitcoms but was a big fan of one in general.
"I was a huge Happy Days fan growing up; I think it would have been in the early '80s."
Standing at 81cm, Mr Troyer loves his contact sports, including NFL and rugby union.
"I have been to New Zealand several times and have seen the All Blacks play live, man those guys are tough, and I am a big rugby fan for sure."
When he asked Daily News what he should do if he had some spare time on the coast we recommended he get along to a Gold Coast Titans game, which he liked the sound of.
"Ok I will try to check them out for sure if I get a chance."
- Peter Mayhew: The gentle giant behind Star Wars's ever-popular Wookiee, Chewbacca
- Verne Troyer: Mini-Me - the only man "man enough" to complete Dr Evil, Austin Powers's nemesis
- Gethin Anthony: Renly Baratheon from Game of Thrones
- Finn Jones: Ser Loras Tyrell from Game of Thrones
- Lindsay Wagner: The Emmy Award winning Bionic Woman, Jaime Sommers from the classic '70s TV series
- Eoin Macken: Sir Gwaine from the TV series Merlin
- Rachel Skarsten: Star of Lost Girl, Transporter: The Series and Birds of Prey as Black Canary
- Gigi Edgley: Starred as Chiana in Farscape and Lara Knight in Rescue: Special Ops
- Gary Lockwood: Best known as Dr Frank Poole in Kubrick's masterpiece, 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Keir Dullea: Dave Bowman in 2001: A Space Odyssey
- John DiMaggio: Adventure Time's Jake the Dog is also Futurama's notorious Bender
- Veronica Taylor: Ash from Pokemon and April O'Neil from the 2000's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Neil Kaplan: Affable star of dozens of video games, anime and cartoons, including StarCraft II (Tychus) and Transformers (Optimus Prime).
What is Supanova?
Supanova Pop Culture Expo is a completely Australian production designed to showcase all things sci-fi, fantasy, comic book, anime, manga and gaming.
Having grown since its creation over a decade ago the expo now attracts dozens of big name actors and celebrities who come to meet and greet fans at six locations across the country including the Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane.
In 2013 more than 60,000 fans from kids through to pensioner cardholders enjoyed dressing up as their favourite characters, shopping for must-have pop culture items, watching gaming demonstrations, movie preview screening and even AWF Wrestling live.
A long list of comic book icons will be doing signings and giving talks: names such as X-Men artist and character co-creator of Rogue, Michael Golden, Judge Dredd illustrator Colin Wilson and a half a dozen more big names.
In 2014 the weekend of April 5 and 6 sees the expo hit the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre.