Cash prizes on offer for Safe Work Awards
INDUSTRIAL Relations Minister Grace Grace officially launched the 2016 Queensland Safe Work and Return to Work Awards in Brisbane last Wednesday.
Ms Grace said the awards recognise and reward the efforts of businesses and individuals who are excelling at keeping Queensland workers safe.
"They're also about getting injured workers back to meaningful work as soon as they are able," she said.
"Good safety and return to work practices benefit everyone - workers, employers, a business's bottom line and the Queensland economy.
Ms Grace said Queensland businesses and workplaces had a strong history of developing innovative work health and safety and return to work strategies.
"Over the years we have seen some amazing solutions from Queensland businesses and many of our winners have gone on to take out national awards," she said.
Businesses or individuals are invited to nominate for 11 categories, and could be considered by the judges for a further two closed categories.
"Aside from the acclaim and kudos that comes with being an award winner, there are cash prizes up for grabs too," Ms Grace said.
Nominations for the 2016 Queensland Safe Work and Return to Work awards close on June 24. The winners will be announced on October 18.
For further information on how to nominate, visit worksafe.qld.gov.au
Categories for the 2016 Queensland Safe Work and Return to Work Awards:
• Cat 1 - Best work health and safety management system
• Cat 2 - Best solution to an identified work health and safety issue
• Cat 3 - Best work health and safety practices in small business
• Cat 4 - Best individual contribution to work health and safety
• Cat 5 - Best solution to an identified electrical safety issue
• Cat 6 - Most significant improvement to work health and safety performance
• Cat 7 - Best workplace health and wellbeing initiative
• Cat 8 (closed) - Best demonstrated leadership in work health and safety
• Cat 9 - Injured worker achievement award
• Cat 10 - Best rehabilitation and return to work practices in small/medium business
• Cat 11 - Best rehabilitation and return to work management system
• Cat 12 - Best individual contribution to rehabilitation and return to work
• Cat 13 (closed) - Best demonstrated leadership in return to work