Snake rescued from wall cavity after electric shock

A SUNSHINE Coast man has been told he was lucky he was home when a snake in his wall received an electric shock or his house might have burned down. 

The man saw smoke coming out of an electrical socket and smelled something burning. 

What he found behind the power point was an injured carpet python. 

Ritchie Gilbert, from Sunshine Coast Snake Catchers 24/7 had to cut holes in the walls to extract the burned snake, before taking it to Australia Zoo for some medical attention.