SOUTHSIDE FIRE: A Bedroom fire was extinguished earlier this morning on the Southside.
SOUTHSIDE FIRE: A Bedroom fire was extinguished earlier this morning on the Southside. Bev Lacey

Southside woman hospitalised after blaze erupts in bedroom

EMERGENCY services rushed to the scene of a fire at a Southside property earlier this morning.

The fire broke out in a bedroom of an apartment on Loder street, just after 5:10am.

The fire was extinguished before Queensland Fire and Emergency Services arrived.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation, with a woman in her 30s taken to Gympie Hospital in a stable condition.

It's believed the fire was caused by an aircon and portable heater," a QFES spokesman said.

Sunshine Coast Senior Operations Supervisor Shane Kropp said it was important that during winter people should check their electrical equipment to ensure it's safe to use.

"My main safety message is for people to be vigilant about this time of the year when it's cold to make sure their heating equipment is electrically safe and not to use open flames inside the house," Mr Kropp said.

There was no structural damage caused by the fire.