Strong response by Gympie to Queensland Plan
THE response from Gympie residents to the Queensland Plan had been strong, with more than 450 individuals replying from the electorate so far, MP David Gibson said yesterday.
"We have already unearthed some great thoughts, ideas and perspectives in Gympie to help guide our 30-year vision, but if you haven't taken part there are only a few days left to respond to the six questions," he said.
In the Gympie region, some of the local feedback has been:
- Community involvement - we should have more community get togethers;
- Economy - we need to prepare for generational change and support our small businesses better;
- Global challenges - we need to link our teach-ing to the real world rather than just theoretical studies;
- Sustainable landscapes - we need better long-term
- Financial planning and relaxation of unnecessary red tape;
- Healthy lifestyle - we need to stop cocooning our kids and assist kids in sporting activities;
- Education - we should be investing in our schools and rewarding the brightest minds.
Responses to the Queensland Plan are open until August 30, at Queensland Plan.