Independent News and Media

Is this the worst wedding in Queensland history?

MORE than 50 wedding guests and the groom had a night to remember for all the wrong reasons, last Friday.

Hotel staff from the Brisbane Hilton contacted Queensland Health to relay concerns the food had poisoned the guests, with some even ending up in hospital. 

Last night, Hilton Hotel Brisbane general manager Chris Partridge told NewsCorp the hotel had been "as co-operative and helpful as we possibly can" to find out the cause of the outbreak.

It is understood three of the reception guests were so ill they sought hospital treatment.